If Pres Putin did interfere with our election.....I say God Bless him and we thank him
Jack Fake
2017-11-01 09:30:18 UTC
On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 11:24:47 -0700 (PDT), wolfbat359
I fail to see what difference it makes one way or the other.
Gawd only knows how many foreign elections our government has
been involved in.
So much for Democracy!
I heard an interview with George Mitchell on PBS radio
this morning, which touched on the infamous "citizens
https://hbr.org/2015/06/george-mitchell
You then turned down a Supreme Court nomination to fight what would be
a losing battle for health care reform. Have you ever had any regrets?
A couple of times, when I’ve read court decisions I didn’t agree with,
I’ve wished I’d been there to argue against them. The Citizens United
case is one. I challenge anybody to read that decision and try to
comprehend it. It is one of the least persuasive arguments I’ve ever
read, based on wishful thinking, not the reality. To be clear, it
didn’t create the problem of excessive money in politics. But it was
like putting gasoline on a fire. Very, very unfortunate. But the
answer is, you do the best you can in life. You make decisions on the
basis of information you have at the time. And once you make them, you
go forward and don’t spend your time agonizing over the past.
Another factor is money. Our political system is drowning in it, and
it’s a truly corrupting influence. I travel all over America speaking,
and I routinely ask audiences, “Does anyone believe that their member
of Congress is more responsive to his or her constituents than to his
or her donors?” In four years only one person has ever raised her
hand—a woman in Washington. When, after the event, I asked her why,
she said, “My husband is a congressman.”
The system is drowning in corrupt Democrats. Need to get them
out of politics. Democrats are always crooks.

Mr. B1ack
2017-11-01 12:11:21 UTC
Post by Jack Fake
[...]
Yep.

Alas too many Republican pols are closet Dems.

What ever happened to tar & feathers & angry mobs ?

Hmm ... maybe that's what's gone missing from
American politics ... no more "hands on" democracy.
If the corrupted feel safe, what's to deter them from
further corruption ? More 'civilized' methods don't
seem to deter very well, at worst they walk away
with their ill-gotten booty and get a lucrative job
as a 'consultant' somewhere a week later.